We’re a little more than halfway through 2019 and I’m focused on what movies I’m amped about for the rest of the year. There’s some promising prospects and a few that I will most certainly be parking my butt in the theatre for. Movies I’m amped about? We have a new Quentin Tarantino feature, a new Terminator, and Star Wars! Two of my favorite franchises and one of my favorite directors. Here’s my list of movies I’m amped about closing out the year. Just remember I’m always right. It helps sort these kind of things out.
- Once Upon a Time In Hollywood – Another QT movie featuring Leo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt? Plus we’re talking about Charles Manson and Sharon Tate business? Sign me up.
- Hobbs and Shaw – I’m definitely “over” the Fast and Furious franchise, but still sign me up for this. The star chemistry and possible action glory is endless here. It’s a not a theatre go, but count me in.
- 47 Meters Down – I love tremendously ridiculous monster gigs and Shark movies. This looks like a terrible disaster, but I’m in.
- Brittany Runs A Marathon – It’s a movie about a runner? This doesn’t happen often. The last ones I recall were the Prefontaine flicks. One with Billy Crudup and the other with Jared Leto. Both pretty solid, so I’m in for Brittany.
- Rambo: Last Blood – It’s Sly. It’s Rambo. I don’t need anymore information. And if you say the last Rambo it was actually pretty damn good. I could stand to watch that right now.
- Zombieland: Double Tap – I have my issues with the first one and probably wouldn’t love it as much as I do without Woody, but no doubt am I interested in another go.
- Terminator: Dark Fate – After the nightmare of Genysis I was more than apprehensive when I heard another Terminator was getting built. Even with Cameron not at the helm, he’s still got his hands in it AND they brought Linda Hamilton back to play my hero. I’ll be in the theatre opening night for this one.
- Charlies Angels – The new class? All right. This could easily be terrible, but I enjoyed the mindless entertainment of the last two flicks.
- Jumanji: The Next Level – Completely ridiculous how much I enjoyed the last one. I know sequels don’t generally measure up and are often cash grabs, but once again you have my interest.
- Cats – Which is one of my favorite musicals, plus have you SEEN the cast? I don’t know how it’s going to play out, but I’m actually excited about this one.
- STAR WARS: The Rise of Skywalker – It’s Star Wars. I’ll be in the theatre with bells on. I’m ready to the conclusion of this trilogy, which has not been perfect, but so far I’m pleased with.
A lot more year and a lot more movies I’m amped about. I’m looking forward to hitting the theatre at least 3 more times and all of the goodies that will be rolling in to be streamed otherwise. I don’t read much about movies I’m interested in before their release because I like to have as fresh and unbiased eyes as possible. I can really experience a film as intended that way. May the force be with you!
[…] up mother truckers that were rightfully traumatized by the obscenity that was Terminator: Genysis, Terminator: Dark Fate is Oscar-worthy in comparison. If anything, […]