What things should you ask yourself before You choose a diet? No, let’s just cross that word right off because I loathe it.
Diet. Diet to me means temporary measures to get somewhere as quickly as possible. I don’t read or hear sustainability or interpret any long term possibilities with a diet. To me the word diet and fad are synonymous and that’s why you don’t see many last for any period of time. Let’s find a “meal plan” that works for you.
Like any workout changing your eating habits can result a complete overhaul of your life, but long term changes take big commitments on your part. Are these changes something that you can stick to? Are these changes something you are comfortable with maintaining for the rest of your days? Those are the questions I ask myself when I start making food adjustments and regiments.
For me my food game is on point during the warm months. I drink a ton of water, eat more fruits and veggies, eat regularly and stay on top of things. In the cold months, I skip meals, avoid water like the plague and start getting the munchies around 7 or 8 o’clock at night. You can do all the research in the world, but at days end you ultimately know your body and penchants more than anyone or thing else. So before you start, you should ask yourself a few questions.
Things To Ask Yourself About Your Diet
- What is your motivation?
- What are your weaknesses and what foods do you consume that contribute the most negative impact on your meal plan?
- What foods are you willing to cut out of your food regiment and believe you can let go of FOREVER? If you can’t give up chocolate, then don’t put it on that list.
- What is your ultimate goal?
- Is your plan realistic to your lifestyle? You want to set yourself up for success and remember that this is a long term change, not just a quick fix.
- Do you have a support group? You need cheerleaders and people to keep you motivated. If you are looking for a support network feel free to join my group, “Accountability With Header” .
- Have you talked to a nutritionist? It’s great to do internet research and ask some health food buddies for guidance, but ultimately you might want to consider consulting a professional as you move forward, especially if you are considering using supplements as well.
- What are/and have been road blocks for you with weight loss? What are your plans to navigate them?
After you’ve asked yourself these questions and given yourself some well thought out and considered answers it may be time to move forward with your plan. If you try some things and they don’t work, don’t be afraid to adjust and alter your plan to work for you. There will be good days and bad days, but stay the course and best of luck on your food journey.
[…] listen. It is a constant battle for me, but I assure you it is 100% necessary. Water, Gatorade, tablets, supplements……it’s not as if there isn’t a lot of options out there and yet […]
[…] listen. It is a constant battle for me, but I assure you it is 100% necessary. Water, Gatorade, tablets, supplements……it’s not as there isn’t a lot of options out there and yet it […]
[…] one isn’t always an easy to-do. Because my main focus is making sure everyone else’s needs are met, I often forget to meet my own. Skipping breakfast or lunch is par for the course. […]